Stan is a technical application and platform for Stan responders, developed by STAN B.V., a subsidiary of Witte Kruis Holding B.V.
Stan greatly values your privacy. That is why, in these privacy regulations, we have set out the way personal data are processed and used.
We will do everything we can to keep your private information private.
Stan processes personal data on three bases:
- Performance of the agreement with you (we will notify you if this is necessary);
- legitimate interest (such as analysis and research);
- that for which we have your consent.
In these privacy regulations, we have used the following terms, names and meanings, unless stated otherwise:
- Stan: brand name used for all forms of Stan alerting, upscaling and emergency facilitated by the alerting technology and systems of STAN B.V.
- Personal data: data that can be used to identify or contact an individual person.
- GDPR: General Data Protection Regulation, which ensures that as from 25 May 2018, the same privacy legislation applies throughout the entire EU. This Regulation replaces the Personal Data Protection Act (Wbp).
- Collection and use of personal data.
Stan asks for your personal data to be able to alert, call in and support you as a citizen responder. As soon as your registration as a Stan responder is final, your account will be subject to these privacy regulations. We can use or process these personal data in accordance with these privacy regulations. We will do so with due care and in accordance with the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
When registering via the Stan website and/or the Stan ‘app’, we ask you to accept our general terms and conditions and enter the following details:
- email address
- mobile phone number
Address and availability
- home address
- work address
- availability (days/times)
Certification details, on registration, you can include various competences:
- Company emergency response certificate (BHV);
- Fire and evacuation certificate
- CPR and AED certificate;
- First Aid certificate;
- Life-Saving Actions.
On downloading the Stan ‘App’, your location data will also be added to these details after you sign in.
- Why Stan processes personal data
- After your registration as a Stan citizen responder, we will check your details. This includes the certificates you have stated and their validity.
- We will warn you in time if a certificate is no longer valid. In the event of an expired certificate, we will not alert you until a refresher course has been completed and registered.
- We will also use your data for evaluation, aftercare and support after you have been called to respond to an emergency. If you were not called to respond, but you were alerted, you will only receive a questionnaire to measure the effects of the alert.
You are personally responsible for keeping your profile up to date.
- The availability, competencies and location data you provide (or the automatically processed location data in the Stan app) will enable us to alert you, if necessary, in the event of an emergency in your immediate vicinity. This way, we can avoid alerting all registered Stan responders at the same time.
Unless you have given your express consent, Stan will not use and process you data for any purposes other than the following:
- providing its services, including the development and improvement of these;
- contributing to the public interest and improving citizen response to emergencies in general;
- Analysing and studying the effects of alerting and citizen first response;
- sending the Stan newsletter to inform you about (and help with) aspects and situations you may have to deal with as a Stan responder;
- offering aftercare if you have been called to respond;
- other support, such as answering your questions or helping to manage your profile.
We will always approach you personally before processing any of your personal data for new/additional Stan services.
- Processing of your data
- In several regions and municipalities, we have partnerships with regional organisations which, like Stan, are dedicated to the public interest, such as AED associations. They will only perform the management tasks that are necessary for the partnership, within a digitally protected environment with limited rights of access and management to select data.
- If a Stan partner organisation is active in your region, this organisation will manage the data of your registration.
- Stan partners conclude a partner agreement, including a processing agreement, in which they commit themselves to complying with the GDPR.
- Stan will ensure that third parties will not be able to identify you personally as a Stan responder.
- Your location will be monitored in the app as long as you are logged in. As soon as you log out or remove the app, this process stops immediately.
- In the event of an emergency, your location will only be sent and, if necessary, ‘overwritten’ for targeted Stan alerts
if you are logged in and have enabled the ‘available’ function.
- Of the automatically processed location data, we will only store the last known location, as long as you are registered and logged in.
- As soon as you log out, the monitoring stops automatically and your data will never be stored.
- Cookies and Google analytics
The cookies placed on our website as part of the Google Analytics service are used in a privacy-friendly way, in accordance with the recommendations of the Dutch Data Protection Authority (CPB). We have not given Google permission to use the analytics information obtained for other Google services. The information is anonymised as much as possible. Your IP address is expressly not provided. Google has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield principles and has joined the Privacy Shield Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce. This means there is a suitable level of protection for the processing of any personal data.”
- Disclosure to third parties
Your personal data will not be used for marketing or other purposes, unless you have given permission for this. Only when obliged under Dutch law, in legal proceedings, or upon requests from government bodies, we may be forced to surrender your personal data.
We may also have to surrender your personal details for reasons of national security, law enforcement or the public interest.
In the event of a reorganisation, merger or sale of our organisation, we will transfer your data to the party involved, but only for the purpose for which you entrusted them to us.
- Emergency services and victims
Stan will not share your personal data with emergency services and/or victims, unless legally required to do so. Naturally, you are free to identify yourself to emergency services and victims if you wish.
- Retention period, inspection, changes and transfer
- On your personal page, you can check, change and delete the details of your registration as a Stan responder if you wish.
- We will only store your data as long as you are registered with Stan as a citizen responder. If you cancel your registration with Stan, your personal data will be completely removed from our system.
- At your request, we will transfer your data to another organisation for the same purpose for which you entrusted them to us.
- If you want to take a break from being on standby as a Stan responder, simply send and email to email@example.com and we will set your profile to ‘inactive’ until you inform us that you are ready for it again.
- Location-based services
We collect the exact location data, including the (real-time) geographical location of the device on which you have installed the Stan app.
This is necessary in order to offer location-based alerts and calls to respond based on your competencies.
These location data are collected anonymously so that Stan responders cannot be personally identified.
All our employees are familiar with our privacy and security guidelines. Stan ensures strict application of the rules.
- Questions about privacy
If you have any questions or comments about these privacy regulations or the processing of personal data, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will be informed of any changes we make to these privacy regulations, e.g. in the event of changes in privacy legislation.
If you would like more information about other forms of Stan citizen response, please visit our website regularly, or sign up for our newsletter (at the bottom of the home page) to stay updated on all of our activities.